Communication Skills Training for Employees
Why is it so easy to communicate effectively with some and impossible to communicate with others? Are you losing sleep over the conversations you aren’t having: The employee who is not performing up to his or her potential, the disruptive behaviors that are keeping your team from achieving your goals, or simply people who don’t work well with others.
Effective communication is a critical skill that facilitates employee belongingness and increases morale and productivity. Exude’s Communication Training Program is designed to develop expertise and provide tools and techniques to enable participants to communicate effectively up and down the organization. The program has been carefully crafted into a progressive learning journey that allows participants to first get a basis of understanding of communication and then build on these concepts with additional trainings on conflict and influence.
Importance of Communication Skills in the Workplace
Effective communication is a crucial part of any company’s success. Employees spend much of their time communicating with each other. Even something as simple as a quick conversation or greeting requires good communication.
Strong communication skills can help your team face numerous tasks and challenges, including:
- Mitigating conflict: Workplace conflicts often stem from misunderstandings. With good communication skills, people present information more clearly and listen more carefully, reducing the risk of a misunderstanding.
- Increasing employee engagement: Employees tend to be more engaged in their work and align more with company goals when their workplace fosters good communication.
- Creating better client relationships: When employees can communicate more effectively, they help the client feel understood. They’re also better able to present information in a way that the client is receptive to.
- Increasing productivity: Good communication often leads to more innovative ideas and strategic team building, which can help make your team more productive.
Benefits of Communication Training for Companies
Communication is vital in the workplace, but not everyone knows how to communicate effectively. Communication training can help your leaders and staff:
- Increase self-awareness: Good communication training helps your employees identify their strengths and areas where they can improve.
- Hone their skills: Training courses allow your employees to focus on honing their communication skills with expert guidance. They gain the tools necessary to listen better and explain themselves more effectively.
- Deal with difficult behavior: Training programs tackle how to handle difficult behavior and deter it from happening with active listening and motivation tactics.
- Improve relationships: Communication training can help improve your team members’ relationships with each other, as they gain a better understanding of everyone’s unique communication style.
- Enhance confidence: When your employees learn how to ask for things and express themselves clearly, they’ll gain the confidence to navigate challenging situations with ease.
True Colors of Communication
This session is a fun, highly interactive experience designed to help participants become more comfortable and confident in having conversations about situations that are limiting their success. Based on the belief that “The conversation IS the relationship” we have with others, leaders have the ability to improve relationships if they can recognize when to alter their own style of communication with employees, co-workers and peers. This program will introduce tops and techniques to conduct conversations in a manner that engages the listener.
Participants Will Learn To:
- Understand our communication strengths and blind spots
- Learn to alter your own style of communication in order to be heard
- Establish a common language to address business communication obstacles
- Discover what you can do more of, less of, or differently to improve communication with others
True Colors of Conflict
Managers spend nearly 20% of their time — more than seven hours a week or nine weeks per year — dealing with employee conflict based on personality style. Spending time on disputes gets in the way of business priorities and bottom-line profitability. Personality style is a dimension of diversity and managers must develop cultural intelligence to reduce conflict based on personality, as well as other dimensions of diversity. This training focuses on conflict management and conflict resolution strategies through communication skills to help foster a healthy environment.
Participants Will Learn To:
- Build cultural awareness to better navigate conflict based on cultural norms
- Learn techniques to resolve cultural and personality style conflict more effectively
- Understand how to better control conflict resolution in the workplace
True Colors of Influence
After laying the foundation of training your staff on improving communication skills and communicating effectively through conflict, the third session in this program discusses how to use communication styles to strategically influence within your organization with the goal of getting buy-in when necessary, forming trusting relationships and knowing who to turn to in certain situations to better understand your peers.
Participants will learn to:
- Understand how to build credibility and be influential with your peers and bosses
- Get work done through others by fully utilizing relationships and peer expertise
- Take on more important responsibilities and projects by building trust with your superiors
- Enhance your professional presence by communicating and acting as a leader
Audience & Program Details
This training program is interactive and activity-oriented and provides resources to support immediate implementation of new skills with the goal of building competence and confidence.
Each session in this program is open to all leaders, managers and staff who wants to improve their interactions and communication with others. Sessions can be tailored to the level of responsibility of the employee. Case studies, activities and experiences shared are relevant to the audience being trained.
We’ll provide this training onsite at your organization in as many sessions as you need to educate your staff.